Wednesday

Lavender Bed Pillow

I've had a difficult time sleeping for years. I wake up at night, toss and turn, and have a terrible time getting back to sleep. It seems to come in cycles, a few weeks of restful sleep, and then more trouble. One of the things that I've found really helps me is placing a lavender bag near or inside my pillow.

I use a small muslin teabag filled with dried lavender flowers. Sometimes I'll accompany this with a soothing bath with filled with lavender bath salts. It really works.

I buy small muslin bags in packages of about a dozen. (I make up extra bags as gifts.) They are small enough to fit easily in the pillowcase without making a bump. I can smell the lavender, but just barely.

If you are having trouble sleeping through the night, give it a try.

No comments: